I’m always asking myself why more people don’t jump rope when it is the best fat burning exercise. Did you know you can burn up to 700 calories an hour jumping rope? That is even more than running, swimming or biking. Crazy, right?
In my latest YouTube video, I wanted to talk more about the benefits of jump roping and it’s connection to fat loss. Click this link to check out “Why Jump Roping is the Best Fat Burning Exercise.” It’s a good one, you don’t want to miss it!
Let’s take a closer look at those three main forms of cardio that most people engage in.
RUNNING, SWIMMING AND BIKING
- Running has some great cardio benefits, but you have to deal with traffic and the weather. If you want to run inside you have to buy a treadmill or join a gym, which can be expensive.
- Swimming is wonderful for conditioning but unfortunately doesn’t give you the bone strengthening benefits that a medium impact exercise like jump roping will. You will also need to have access to a pool and again, like running, swimming can be dependent on the weather.
- Biking is fun, but you need a bicycle, another form of expensive equipment. It also doesn’t have much of an impact on your upper body strength.
NOW LET’S TALK ABOUT JUMPING ROPE…
- Minimal space required
- Train on the spot
- Carry it anywhere
- Train inside if weather is bad
- Works every muscle group
- Great form of cardio that strengthens the heart & lungs
- Strengthens joints
- Builds lean muscle
- Burns up to 700 calories per hour
To give your workout a boost, try using a weighted jump rope like this one from Crossrope. This 1/4 lb rope will make your workout more intense. It will challenge your upper body strength, even more, maximizing your fat burn. I’ve seen some amazing body transformations when people use a weighted rope for even just 10 minutes a day.
If you’re ready to get started jumping, you can check out my Basic Jump Rope Tutorial or if you are more advanced, I launched a video that helps you master the Double Under. And if you want to try out the Crossrope weighted rope I use in my videos, just visit this link.
Please keep me posted on how you’re doing on your jump rope journey. I’m always here for you with any questions and would love to hear your success stories. Don’t forget to subscribe for more of my jump rope, diet and exercise tips. See you soon!